Active Humber is committed at every level of our organisation, to creating and maintaining a safe and positive environment and accepts our responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children, young people and adults involved in our work in accordance with Working Together 2018 and the Care Act 2014.
Active Humber will:
- Respond to and take seriously all allegations, dealing with them promptly in line with the Active Humber Adult Safeguarding Policy
- Report all concerns that arise both within Active Humber and / or outside
- the organisation
- Take all necessary checks (DBS) as deemed appropriate
- Maintain robust policies and procedures and understood by all in the
- Provide training and continuous improvement for all staff and the organisation which is undertaken regularly
- Regularly monitor and review all policies, processes and practices
- Make available advice, guidance, support and signposting to the sector
- Be advocates to partners for the importance of safeguarding and meeting our collective responsibilities
This section of the website provides links to guidance and materials we feel are valuable in supporting clubs to ensure they have all the necessary information, process and procedures in place to safeguard the young people and workforce involved.
If you require any training please visit: https://thecpsu.org.uk/training-events/choose-the-right-training/ to find the right training for you.
If you have a concern please contact one of our safeguarding officers on 01482 244344, alternatively you can contact the NSPCC's general Helpline for adults 08088005000 and Childline for children and young people 08001111.
Gary Sainty – Lead Welfare Officer - 07860 954341
Sarah Tague – Deputy Welfare Officer - 07860 954344
Kerry Conner - Deputy Welfare Officer - 07860 954337