Tackling Inequalities Fund
Sport England have identified from their physical activity attitudes and behaviours survey during COVID-19 the widening gaps in the activity levels across the key priority audiences. This clearly shows that some of the target audiences are suffering more from the impact of the disease than is the case with the wider population. These groups are people from Lower Socio-Economic Groups, Black, Asian Minority Ethnic Communities, Disabled People and People with Long-Term Health Conditions.
Sport England want to deepen and further widen the reach of their funding to the under-represented audiences listed above. Sport England are doing that through the introduction of a funding programme called the ‘Tackling inequalities through awards to sector partners’ to help reduce the negative impact of Covid-19 and tackle the widening of the inequalities in sport and physical activity.
Active Humber has received £80,000 from Sport England Tackling Inequalities fund to distribute between June and October 2020.
What is the intended impact of this fund?
- To minimise the impact of COVID-19 on activity levels in under-represented groups, ensuring that the physical activity participation inequality gap does not widen during this period in targeted communities.
- Enable community groups working with target audiences to continue to exist and retain the resources and capability to recover at the appropriate time.
- Provide funding for community groups working with Sport England target audiences to remain connected with their participants and keeping them active in the COVID-19 lockdown and early recovery stages.
- Strengthen relationships between system partners and community bodies working with under-represented groups.
Use of Funding
Types of activity that might be funded could include:
- Hardship through funding support.
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping their target audience active in this period.
- Offering advice and training support
- Increasing resilience, capacity, and capability of delivery bodies
Please contact Active Humber at email@example.com if you want to know more details about this fund.
Return to Play: Small Grants
£300 - £10,000
For clubs and organisations to help respond to the immediate challenges of returning to play in a Covid-19 safe environment. Developed to help community sport to overcome challenges of returning to play, such as delivering to smaller groups or having the correct hygiene and safety equipment.
Return to Play: Community Asset Fund
£10,001 - £20,000
Monies to support sports clubs and organisations to adapt and open important places and spaces to be able to welcome the community safely. For example converting and existing space to meet social distancing requirements.
Return to Play: Active Together
A Crowd Funding initiative providing support, guidance and training to help clubs and organisations create successful campaigns. Up to £10,000 of match funding is available.
Local clubs Hull Ionians smashed their Crowdfunding campaign. You can find out how here
Sport England are delivering free webinars on the Crowdfunding initiative. To find out more about when they are running and to book a place please visit here
Other useful links for COVID 19 funding opportunities
If you are looking for grant funding for you organisation you can find up to date information and resources through the following links;
Hey Smile Foundation run the Beecan Funding Platform. It is free to access and provides useful templates and advice on applying for funding as well as a search function to find different funding grants. Find out more
Grants on-line is a comprehensive and up-to-date grant funding information service. Find out more
Sector Support have compiled some useful guidance on paying for bid writers. Find out more
If you are looking for funding, the following websites offer free, unrestricted access to comprehensive databases of funding opportunities: