We are committed to developing local relationships improve local physical activity and community sport provision, using insight and intelligence.
Who are we?
We are a local charitable company formed in 2015 but have existed far longer, and part of a national network of sport and physical activity partnerships. We are committed to developing local relationships improve local physical activity and community sport provision, using insight and intelligence.
We are currently in an exciting period of transition, combined with the national landscape changing considerably, placing a much greater emphasis on tackling inactivity and achieving social outcomes.
Aligning closely with Sport England 'Towards an Active Nation' strategy, we will deliver our primary role, as set out by Sport England, and focus on local people with the greatest need. We are committed to enhancing existing partnerships and projects, whilst growing new relationships to engage diverse groups that are hardest to reach but can benefit the most.
We will also gather insight to understand how to work with partners in the most effective way and work towards becoming an insight led organisation.
- It is our ambition to reduce physical inactivity and begin to address the participation inequalities that exist in the communities of the Humber region.
- We will use the Sport England Active Lives Survey to monitor progress and publish local results as these become available; at least on a six-monthly basis.
- We realise we cannot achieve this change on our own and will only be able to make a difference by working in partnership with others and ultimately influencing whole system change.
- We also expect any improvements will take time as we learn what works.
- We will share case studies evidencing social impact
- We will be monitoring ourselves against a more detailed set of internal and balanced performance measures relevant to Active Humber's local activity.
- This dashboard of key performance indicators will be set out in detail in our annual Operational Plan.
To read more about our strategy, mission and values please click here.
We would love to hear from you! To find out more please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01482 244344