Our vision for the Humber, is that it is a place where everyone, every day is physically active.
Active Humber is a charitable company whose purpose is to help people of all ages and backgrounds to improve their health and well-being by taking part in regular physical activity and sport.
Active Humber is also one of the 42 Active Partnerships located across England and as such receives funding from Sport England to carry out several functions to help achieve the Sport England strategy 'Towards an Active Nation' at a community level.
Across England, 39% of the population are not doing enough regular physical activity to ensure they enjoy good health and that figure rises to 44% across the Humber and well above 50% in the poorest of our communities.
Our vision for the Humber, is that it is a place where everyone is physically active every day, for themselves, their communities and their planet.
Based on the experience of public health campaigns like smoking cessation and the current low levels of physical activity rates across the Humber, that vision will be an immense challenge to achieve and likely to take many years to achieve.
We are driven to see the necessary changes needed and are determined to campaign and work tirelessly for the achievement of our vision, every step, pedal, run, jump, lift, stroke of the journey to be undertaken.
As the journey towards the vision will be a long one, Active Humber has set itself a vision of what we would want to see in the Humber and it is;
In each of the 4 Local Authority areas of the Humber the participation rates for inactive people and underrepresented groups will have begun to improve year on year.
To turn our vision into reality we aim to:
- Get more people to become physically active especially those who are currently inactive;
- Encouraging greater inclusivity in physical activity and sport so that everyone can take part;
- Building and developing partnerships to maximise resources and investment into physical activity and sport in the Humber; and
- Ensure Active Humber is a fit for purpose organisation to deliver its aims and objectives successfully.
We do that through working with a whole range of organisations such as Local and Public Authorities, Health bodies, the Voluntary sector and the Business community.
- Influence – to make physical activity and sport happen in the Humber
- Support – our partners in the delivery of their products and services
- Deliver – our programmes in an effective and efficient way to get more people active
- Organised - ensure all we do reaches the highest of ethical standards
Official Company Information
Active Humber Ltd are a Registered Charity number: 1155928 and a Company Limited by Guarantee (Reg. No. 08759196).
Our funding comes from several sources including significant funding from Sport England.